For more than 12 years, we have been specialising in UN portable tanks for helium (known as HELICS™). Building on our long-standing expertise in cryogenic technologies, these portable tanks are specifically designed to the highest safety and efficiency standards.
They optimise the transportation of liquid helium and ensure trouble-free delivery anywhere in the world – by sea or road. The fact that almost every HELICS™ that we delivered since 2005 is still in operation bears clear testimony to the performance and reliability of our systems.
- High capacity (volume of approx. 41,000 litres (10,830 gal) in 40-foot ISO frame)
- Holding time for liquid helium of more than 48 days at a maximum pressure of 5.7 bar*
* based on an ambient temperature of 30°C
- Improved nitrogen holding time
- No liquid losses
- All stainless steel design for low maintenance and operational costs
- Instrumentation designed for ease of operation
- Compliance with all relevant design codes and approvals such as
- and others (if required)
- Adaptable design to support minor customer-specific modifications
Full service offering
Looking beyond the delivery of HELICS™, we can also support you with a broad range of services. These extend from procurement right up to after-sales support. As a special service, we can manage the HELICS™ cool-down process, which saves you valuable time. Furthermore, we can arrange transportation of the cooled HELICS™ to your company location. We can further assist with operational improvements and maintenance as well as periodic inspections at our manufacturing yard or at other locations around the world.